Safety and operating an accident free business has always been and shall continue to be an integral part of our operations and in furtherance of our objectives to contribute towards the improvement of Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Standards, we have put in place effective mechanisms and programs.
Dakawou Transport Limited, was the 1st Company Transporter entrusted with LPG transportation by the major oil companies in East Africa. It remains the largest LPG transporter in East and Central Africa and the sole transporter of LPG for Shell (K) Ltd, Libya Oil Kenya (Oilibya), KenolKobil (K) Ltd among others.
What Our Clients Say
Consistent and reliable services
“Consistent and reliable services which has been one with safety standards taken into account.”
Their drivers are given continuous stringent training in the handling of petroleum products
No of Fatalities
We have put in place elaborate driver management procedures that put emphasis on qualification, experience, training (Defensive Driving Centre, Smith Training etc), health and safety.
An Independent Risk Management Appraisal is carried out on our business every quarter. This touches on all aspects of our operations and this is all documented. Our performances in these audits also provide evidence of our commitment to safety and improvements thereon.
We regularly participate in the Contractors and Drivers League, and came 1st in the East and Central Africa Region in 2005. We have consistently come top in these Leagues throughout the region.
Safety Performance Awards
- 2021 Certification of Recognition towards GOAL Zero VIVO ENERGY UGANDA
- 2020 gained Professional Transporter Status, GHA VIVO ENERGY
- 2020 Best Transporter in Bulker Operation in Health and safety and operational excellence
- 2019 Safety Plus Best Safe Overall Transport Company
- 2019 KPMG TOP 100 business survey 8th Overall on the survey and industry sector champion- transport
- 2018 Best Transporter in Bulker Operation in Health and safety and operational excellence
- 2017 5 STAR 5 pillar Audit Health and safety Bamburi Cement
- 2016 Certificate Of Recognition for Safe Delivery and Customer Service
- 2015 2nd Best Overall Transport Company In Road Transport Bamburi Cement
- 2014 Best General Cartage-Transport Company Position One-AKI
- 2013 HSSE RECOGNITION AWARD: For working safely and achieving an incident free year-SHELL
- 2012 Became 1st and gained Professional Transporter Status, East Africa – Shell
- 2010 Became 1st and gained Professional Transporter Status, East Africa – Shell
- 2009 Became 2nd in Seven Pillar Audit East Africa – Shell
- 2008 Became 2nd in Seven Pillar Audit East Africa – Shell
- 2007 Won the President’s Award – SOPAF (2nd Prize)
- 2006 The Best performing Contractor in the Seven Pillar Audits – Shell Uganda
- 2005 Attained Grade A in contractors Assessment for East Africa
- 2003 The Best Transporter in East Africa (East Africa Hub-Addis Ababa)
- 2002 Presidents’ HSSE Award (International Oil Products South Zone-Shell)